about mainly music
- Young children and their caregivers enjoying music, rhyme, rhythm, creative dance and more.
- Preschool children developing skills – co-ordination, fine motor skills, gross motor movements,
social interaction, appreciation of music and musical styles, language development.
- Providing children with a structured environment and then a time of free play.
- Bringing adult and child together for a time of safe interaction, and in doing so, teaching adults rhymes and songs that
can be used at home to help with cleaning up, colours, counting, and more.
- An opportunity for parents to network with other parents of preschool children. And for families to find a sense
of ‘old fashioned community’.
- Opportunities for families to be helped - practical needs such as meals, transport, help with shifting house,
- Celebration of Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day - reminding parents that they are undertaking a very important role as parent.
In short, mainly music is an opportunity for adults and children to build memories and spend time together, sharing special time with each other.
the aim of mainly music
The aim of mainly music is to provide an environment where preschool children develop skills to enhance their
preschool education, through the use of music, rhythm, rhyme, and other music related activities with the
participation of a parent or primary caregiver.
a quick overview
Started in 1990, mainly music is a fun music group for parents or primary care givers to enjoy together with
their young child. Throughout the morning, children develop gross and fine motor skills, language, imagination,
mathematical and pre-reading skills as well as socialize with others. Each mainly music is associated with and
is run by volunteers from a local church. Children are introduced to music, creativity and more, plus families given a
chance to think about the God-part of life. Amazing to think that all this can be achieved in a loving, shared family